[ANN] distribution of Squeak programs

David Pennell dpennell at quallaby.com
Sun Jan 30 14:28:37 UTC 2000

[snip]

> Linux and Windows people, let me know what you think!  I'll try and add
> more platforms over time.  Eventually, most of this could be automated,
> but it seems useful to have one example of doing it the hard way.

>From the perspective of the application consumer audience I would like to
distribute to:

- the download process was easy and speedy enough
- you named the VM as hanoi.exe, it would seem to be consistent to name the
image hanoi.image.
- a minor nit is that you end up with another file the first time you run
the application (squeak.ini).  I think this would bug me less if it was
called hanoi.ini, and would undoubtedly avoid opening a can of worms...

So, just how hard was this?

-david