Sound on Solaris?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 13 22:16:34 UTC 2000

> One think I forgot, is there sound support for Solaris already?  If not,
> please consider to deploy the image with sounds switched of or make the
> system detect this on startup.  It's a bad thing if you want to demo
> something and the first thing, the skeptical audience sees is a hanging
> system that has to be stopped by a debugger because PWM4 wants to emit some
> sound while switching the pages.

There is unofficial support for playback at:

	http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~lex/squeak/

It works on SunOS and Solaris.  To use it on Solaris, you just have
to remember to do "make CFLAGS+=-DSOLARIS" instead of just "make".
(If anyone knows a preprocessor trick to detect SunOS vs. Solaris,
I'd love to know it)

Lex