[UPDATE] SUnit for 2.7

Robert Hirschfeld hirschfeld at acm.org
Sun Jan 16 03:53:00 UTC 2000

Hi all,

There is a new version of the SUnit testing framework available.
It includes a fix reported by Markus Gaelli, an enhancement
suggested by Richard A. Harmon, some refactorings, and sort of
an online documentation.

* Exceptions can be checked/asserted using
    TestCase>>value:shouldRaise:
    TestCase>>value:shouldntRaise:

* Test cases my be filtered by the class name of the fixture and the
  name of the test method selector. The patterns for the class and the
  selector name can be specified/accepted in the first text field.
  They are separated by a '.', a '|', or a ' '. As for the class name
  pattern, only subclasses of TestCase are taken into consideration.
  The names of the test methods of those classes still have to start
  with 'test' be in the match.

  (I had several ideas/prototypes to deal with test case selection,
  but this was the simplest one I could come up with ...)

* Kent Beck's paper 'Simple Smalltalk Testing: With Patterns' is
  now integrated. *Twice*. As a class comment of TestingFrameworkPaper
  and as an HTML segment viewed by evaluating
  'TestingFrameworkPaper openFromHtml'

  (Of course one of them is redundant, but I wasn't sure which way
  is the most appropriate to provide self-contained documentation??)

If there are any problems or hints for improvement, please let me know.

-Robert

---

http://www.windwardsolutions.com/People/Hirschfeld/Squeak/Squeak.html

Sources for 2.7:
http://www.windwardsolutions.com/People/Hirschfeld/Squeak/2.7/SUnit.st
http://www.windwardsolutions.com/People/Hirschfeld/Squeak/2.7/SUnit2.15Jan1128am.cs

Packages that contain everything from 2.5 to 2.7:
http://www.windwardsolutions.com/People/Hirschfeld/Squeak/SUnit.zip
http://www.windwardsolutions.com/People/Hirschfeld/Squeak/SUnit.tar.gz