HotDraw in Squeak

Helge Horch Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de
Wed Jul 19 08:57:54 UTC 2000

At 09:11 19.07.2000 +0200, Roel Wuyts wrote:
>Are there any ports out there of HotDraw in Squeak ? If not, then I will
>certainly try to do it...

Hmm, I have always thought of Morphic as "HotDraw on steroids".  Figures
are Morphs, Handles are represented in the halo, most Commands are done by
concrete manipulation (e.g. DuplicateCommand has its own Handle in the
halo).  What's probably missing is Connectors (but cf. Fabrik's PinMorphs),
multiple selection, and a couple of Commands like Group/Ungroup.  Depending
on what you want to do with HotDraw, it might be worthwhile to ponder
welding the missing stuff onto Morphic.

Or are you thinking of porting HotDraw for MVC?  Not been done yet AFAIK
(have you checked the Swiki?).  The UIUC ftp archives should indeed provide
a good starting point, as you may well know.

Have fun,
Helge