Window Frames for system windows

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Sat Jul 22 08:25:11 UTC 2000

Norton, Chris wrote:

> I haven't given this much thought, but it strikes me that
> submorphs should never be allowed to write beyond the bounds of their
> owners.

Chris, this is a crucial and explicitly intended feature--the fullBounds
construct would for example be unnecessary without it. Besides the halo, how
would you for instance allow a HandMorph to grab other morphs without weird
restrictions? Drawing shadows is another issue, although that is a bit of a
pain anyway. I think it comes down to that Morphic is not made (just) for
drawing widgets, which are a very small subset of the interaction space.

Henrik