[Questions]Events

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jul 21 18:51:26 UTC 2000

Karl Ramberg wrote:

> I'm making some morphic stuff and use mouseEnter/mouseLeave events.
> But the morphs seem to miss about one out of five
> of the events.:-(

This could be because of the polling; if the mouse doesn't happen
to be over the morph when we check position, then they don't get
called.

The event stuff just packs incoming mouse position reports into a single report.
I suspect that the same problem will occur, if the mouse position is checked
for periodically. (that is, if when we check it's not over the morph,
you won't see it).

What the event stuff could do (though I don't remember the code) is
to help avoid missing mouse down or up events, since it enqueues these
(as I recall).

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA