[ENH] Alternative EventSensor

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Jul 31 02:47:06 UTC 2000

Stephan Rudlof wrote:

> The definition for ASCII says, that
> 8 -> BS, and
> 127 -> DEL.
> I think we should rely onto the standard here.

Fine with me. So why does the code map DEL into BS?

> Probably we need some changes in the ST code, too, to handle the 'new' key
> code; isn't it?

No, it works fine if you remove the code that maps 127->8.
ST knows about DEL and does the right thing (forward delete).

> > and the Del key emits a 127.
>
> How it is labeled at your keyboard?

Well, I have a very compressed keyboard (the PFU Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite)
that lets you juggle the keyboard layout. So the key marked "Delete" I have
generate a BS, and the key that is marked Del generates a DEL. You have choices,
though.

See http://www.pfuca.com/products/hhkb/litelayout.html for its layout.

--
Ned Konz