SVG in Squeak?

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Sun Jul 9 10:28:49 UTC 2000

> From: Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se>

> Check out the Balloon classes. They draw vectors to canvas, eg
screen both
> 2D and 3D. To interface to SVG you probalbly need some extension
of the
> base classes.

Hmm, it would seem to me that using the device-independent Canvas
drawing protocol for drawing SVG-graphics should suffice.  For
reading, you need to hook up an XML-parser to a parser-client that
understands SVG (including its special sublanguages, for example for
path data).  On the rendering end, the Canvas also has to understand
high-level commands for raster-operations, including such things as
gaussian blur.

Of course, the Balloon support classes are useful if you want to
have a retained representation.

On the writing end, hook up something like a PostscriptCanvas to an
XML-generator and you're almost done.

Marcel