A different way of doing Smalltalk development (was: Tales of Dying Objects)

Gerardo Richarte core.lists.squeak at core-sdi.com
Wed Jul 5 18:54:06 UTC 2000

Karl Ramberg wrote:

> Gerardo Richarte wrote:
> >
> >         After this first step, the idea is to use some kind of
> > NativeCompiledMethod to write Device Drivers,
>
> Take a look at:
> http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/deltas/translator.tar.gz

	Wow!

	there's a lot of work done! and it's great!
	does it really work? (I don't have an ARM machine where to test it,
	but it generates .s (assembler) files that look OK :)

	I'll really love to try to port it to Intel (I speak some assembler)
but it looks that the amount of work to be done is... A LOT... is there a clue
I need to make it easier?
	How easy/hard do you think it'll be to integrate it with FFI &/|
pluggable primitives?
	I agree with you: this is a great project!

	Porting Bye!
	Richie++

--- For a personal reply use gera at core-sdi.com