[ALPHA]{UNIX][2.8][2.9alpha?] Unix networking with 3 semaphoreand accepts and backlog listen - Scamper works! ;)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Jul 21 04:12:48 UTC 2000

> on 7/20/00 10:50 AM, Rob Withers at slosher2 at home.com wrote:
> Ok, here is a few more changes.  The Accept test was updated.  Get this
> - it turns out that the Accept test does 2 tests in the one method.  It
> Listens, connects, accepts, closes, then repeats it with a slightly
> different protocol (that does the same thing).  I added a varient that
> puts a 1 millisecond delay between the two accepts.  This *works*!!!

You know today I was remarking to Craig that I was blown away with the work
on Socket stuff, serial stuff, interrupt driven stuff, let alone all the
other things going on, while I'm stuck at Camp Smalltalk. This is really
great to see!

To answer the above: Mmm I think we need to really understand why it fails
if you are missing the 1 millisecond wait. Remember you might not be able to
change existing Smalltalk code and it would seem a bug is lurking somewhere
that will bite...

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6