Squeak as Metaverse reminds me of something concrete...

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at disney.com
Thu Jul 20 23:14:28 UTC 2000

But, of course, this is what the multiple viewing architecture in MVC
in the 1970s was all about: to allow safe multiple views of complex
structures.

>If you just take XML as a fairly modest step up from flat ASCII files
>(that is accreting a lot of features...) then you'll neither overestimate
>nor underestimate XML.

I don't think I'm doing either. I do think that I'm pointing out that
data structures do not scale at all well, and are quite fragile.

Cheers,

Alan

------