TrueType font support broken?

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Sun Jul 9 09:15:47 UTC 2000

Ned Konz wrote:

> I did this:
>
> TTFontReader
> installTTF: '/usr/share/fonts/truetype/lucon.ttf'
> asTextStyle: #LucidaConsole
> sizes: #(12 15)
>
> And then BitBlt blew up when I tried to change the system font
> to this one. The font read in fine, and displays the sample
> fine.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Ned,

With the new BitBlt, DisplayScanner, et al., this no longer works. I have
made an update for myself to make the anti-aliased type/FreeType stuff work
again (for the most part). However, there are two other pieces that prevent
this from working: 1. FFI no longer works on the Mac, 2. The release of the
patent-free version of FreeType is still pending. This keeps the stuff from
going forward. However, if you want a copy of my private fixes, drop me a
line.

Henrik