Ship it with Squeak

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sat Jul 1 17:52:40 UTC 2000

At 09:43 01.07.00 -0700, Raab, Andreas wrote:

>Hm ... just wondering. Why is it that so many people cry for a Rich Text
>Widget?!

I think, when talking about a Rich Text Widget, people thinking about a
text input facitily that allows one to define different text alignment,
fonts (font families), styles (like bold or italics), colors, bullet lists
and perhaps even images and tables.  At last I don't think about
Microsoft's RTF file format here.

>Wouldn't a HTML spec serve the same purpose?! And we do have the
>formatter for it right in the system.

In the above sense, no.  HTML spec is a file format but there's also no
interactive HTML editor.  Scamper can render a subset of HTML but that not
enough to qualify as an rich text widget.  It's close to that definition
though.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf