More newbie questions

Gerardo Richarte core.lists.squeak at core-sdi.com
Thu Jul 13 15:32:43 UTC 2000

Hi Michael!

> Michael Bauers wrote:
>
> If I create a Morph in a Morphic project, how do I reference it?  I noticed
> that I could not say for example, 'elipse1 inspect'.

	If you want to do exactly that... why not to do it?

	What you need is the MorphicWrappers package (yes, everybody, this
IS spamming... I think that MorphicWrappers deserve more attention... they
have been here for two (or more) years, and a lot of people keeps reinventing
them and needing them).

	Go get them at http://mathMorphs.swiki.net, as Squeak, they are
currently (and continuously) under development, se there may be some "bugs"
but it's perfectly usable.

	What you'll get with them: what you wanted, de ability to name a
morph, and use that name from a just opened workspace (in the same World) or
directly from the World itself (when you use Type-in-the-air (r) :)

	You'll get a huge bunch of other things you'll love...

	The only one I'm going to comment here is the avility to NOT NEED
more Workspaces, like: You want a new EllipseMorph, named ellipse1, fine!
go point at the World (anywhere), write (ellipse1 := EllipseMorph new) [enter]
and you'll get ellipse1 attached to your hand (mouse arrow).
	The you can drop it anywhere, and refer it with its name (or just
by context, by pointing at it [don't need to use self in this cases]).

	Everything else, I'll let you experience it...

	Hope this helps you

	Hope this helps everybody else.

	Spammer Bye!
	Richie++