AccuFonts licence (some assistence needed)

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at exobox.com
Fri Jul 7 19:05:40 UTC 2000

Obviously there needs to be some lawyer-work on this.  As written, the
intent is at best unclear.

One way to protect them to some degree is for someone to convert the fonts
to StrikeFonts and deploy those rather than the original Windows files.  At
least there would be some barrier, in that someone would have to write code
to convert them back - which Bob Arning can do in about 20 seconds, but is
probably a more substantial effort for your average font pirate :)

Do you think that he might be open to release of conversions of his fonts
under an unmodified Squeak license?  This seems to me to be the ideal
solution.

-- Duane

>on 7/7/00 7:46 AM, Stephan Rudlof at sr at evolgo.de wrote:
>

>> I (not a lawyer) see only one potential - hopefully not existent -
>> problem:

>> Potential problem: What about making money by selling an application
>> with Squeak and this fonts?
>>
>> Stephan
>>

>See this is a problem with wording. It's really a combination of the two
>items. Mr Easterbrook fear is that someone will divorced the fonts from
>Squeak and resell them. It is ok to sell a Squeak application with the fonts
>in it.
>
>--
>John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> 1-800-477-2659
>Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com
>Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
>PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
>Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6

Duane Maxwell              dmaxwell (at) exobox.com
CEO/CTO                       http://www.exobox.com
exobox, Inc.        (858)348-3040  FAX(858)348-3099

Information contained herein is my personal opinion
       and not necessarily that of exobox.