Window Frames for system windows

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Thu Jul 20 14:37:43 UTC 2000

Jim Benson wrote:

> I've attached some code to add window frames to morphic System Windows. The
> frames are provided in order to help with window resizing. On a large
> screen, in stock mode you get nearly 4X ( That's FOUR times !!! ) the target
> area to acquire the resize handle !!! And if that's not enough, it takes up
> valuable screen real estate too !!!

I was just about to do something like this my self but my goal was a little different.
I was thinking about the widgets on the system window and how they are just redundant
when the halos do just the same and more. I thougt of adding a frame that would
pop up the halo after a short delay, it would be really annoying if it was to
imidiate, and let the user do his/her manipulation. I'm just in the start up on this work
now and I don't know where it leads, but your code is nice input:-)

See attached gif for a example of what I'm talking about.

Karl