[VM][UNIX] Gnuified interpreter speedup

Rob Withers slosher2 at home.com
Sat Jul 15 07:51:06 UTC 2000

On second thought, this thread I started must have struck people as
odd.  I just found a thread not 4 days old about this very topic in the
archives.  I missed it!  I recently had to switch pop accounts back to
an older account (and life takes another turn! ;).  I had been
forwarding mail to both accounts and so I had > 3000 messages to
download.  No way Jose.   So I never got the 28a thread ( nor the
CLOS/MOP/AOP thread either!  :-(

So it works!  Thanks!  Now I'm interested in these optimizations.  Where
in the configure.in can you change to -o3?

cheers,
Rob