Compiler, was Re: Block closures

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Thu Jul 27 16:14:30 UTC 2000

Hal's Squeak compiler stuff is at
http://www.hellblazer.com/personal/squeak/

Hal approached the design of the new compiler in a very "engineered"
fashion -- the result is somewhat larger and structurally more complex
than the current design. While it might be more easily extended in some
ways, I found it to be rather unsatisfying since it added overall
complexity in an area I would most like to see simplified and clarified
instead.

-- Dwight