Help with FFI?

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Mon Jul 31 08:37:31 UTC 2000

Karl Goiser wrote:

> G'Day,
>
> I want to access some of the libraries on the Mac, e.g. the Security
> library.  Would I do that using FFI?  Is there any documentation on
> FFI to get me going?
>
> Thanks peoples
>

> Karl

Karl,

that seems to be a viable approach. However, FFI doesn't work with the Mac
VM since the pluggable stuff was introduced (try the Mac FFI example), and I
don't know what the status of fixing this is. Working with FFI in an older
version (eg. plain 2.7) ought to work though.

There is no documentation as such, but a few things that use FFI might work
to help you. See eg. the FreeType pages on the swiki for a Mac example
(which works in 2.7 as well). A Quicktime player by Jim Benson is in limbo
for the same reason as above.

Henrik