Why not News?

Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Mon Jul 3 15:58:47 UTC 2000

From:  Dean Swan at MITEL on 07/03/2000 11:58 AM

>Mmh, there must be some advantages of mailing-list over News...

Mailing lists are much easier to protect from Spammers, and since the mailing
list is not so easy to find as a newsgroup is, it tends to keep the signal to
noise ratio of the discussions fairly high (not that we don't get into religious
battles every now and again).

This question comes up from time to time, and the consensus always seems to be
that the mailing list is preferred for the reasons I mentioned.

                                         -Dean Swan
                                         dean_swan at mitel.com