[Questions]Events

Rob Withers slosher2 at home.com
Fri Jul 28 09:29:30 UTC 2000

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> In message <3978FAE1.5D9FD028 at evolgo.de> you wrote:
>
> > I have just installed your stuff and compiled a new VM: It works great!
> I'm delighted to see confirmation of buildabiltiy by someone else.
> Thanks for trying it out so soon. Please do your best to spot problems
> - I'm sure there must be some relating to the faking-out of the
> old-style mouse status polling.
>
> Ideas for other useful events to handle, critiques of the code etc all
> most welcome.

Tim,

Do you think there is a way to make the sockets eventful, while still
maintaining the backwards compatibility?  It looks like the X events
were buffered previously and there weren't any Semaphores being tapped.
As you know, this isn't the situation with sockets.  Perhaps we could
include the flag information in the Socket event data, so that the
Socket can tap his own semaphores, and then follow with the primitive
call to read from the buffer.

Rob