[BUG][FIX} Linux 2.8 VM running the Network Unit tests

Rob Withers slosher2 at home.com
Tue Jul 18 05:57:11 UTC 2000

Rob Withers wrote:

> I downloaded the Craig Latta's correspondents port from John's site and
> I am trying to get them running in a rebuilt Linux VM with a 2.8 image.
> When running the tests, without flow and correspondents, I am getting
> errors in the Resolver Tests (and the Socket tests, but I haven't
> drilled deeper there yet).  At first I had a configuration problem with

Ok, I am seeing four different classes of failures/errors in the
NetworkSocketOpenTest.  Most of the failures are the error code problem
from the Resolver tests.  The other failures are occuring because the
Socket>>remotePort call is returning 0 rather than the remote port that
the test thinks it has.

There are two errors:

NetworkSocketOpenTest>>testCheckSocketUtilities is an error on a ping:
It looks like the the otherEnd closed, and there is a send data timeout
exception on sendData: in the ping: method.  It hasn't even gotten to
the waitForDataUntil: yet.

NetworkSocketOpenTest>>testSocketListenAccept is a primative error on
#primAcceptFrom:receiveBufferSize:sendBufSize:semaIndex:

I'm not sure how to continue testing these errors...

Rob