How to convert Block Temps? was: HotDraw in Squeak

Roel Wuyts rwuyts at vub.ac.be
Thu Jul 20 07:26:39 UTC 2000

>> Ian P has said that he would do something about this sometime, IIRC. It
>> would be reasonable to group it in with his work on the jitter since it
>> involves some changes to the lower levels of the VM, as well as the
>> Compiler classes.

Last ECOOP in Cannes, Ian said (as he said before) that if someone is
willing to update the compiler, that he'll do the VM stuff. As said before,
I am not quite sure what has to be done, or I would have done it.

> What is this jitter-compiler?

Ian's research is about just-in-time (on the fly) bytecode optimizations,
which speeds up the VM.

--
Roel Wuyts                    Programming Technology Lab
rwuyts at vub.ac.be              Vrije Universiteit Brussel