A New Look and Feel for Squeak

Karl Goiser squeak at wattle.net
Mon Jul 3 02:50:54 UTC 2000

>While I actually prefer cross-platform over native widgets I also
>hate the waste of development time to recreate working solutions, to
>reinvent the wheel.
>
>You can spend enough development time to recreate what you could get
>by simply embedding for example the internet explorer as a widget in
>Windows applications.  Or on Linux, by using the qhtml widget or
>their rich text editor or whatevever.
>
>So restricting one to one platform also opens up a chest full of
>ready to use code which is very productive.
>
>Therefore, I'd like to be able to exploit both direction with Squeak.

Yes.  I seriously considered if I could get 'forms' to work on an
html page in Squeak to get the 'boring business' interface for a
project I'm working on.  It just looked like more work than I was
willing to do to find out if it's possible...

Hey, does anybody have any suggestions?  :-)

Specifically: have a method that can be called which will display an
html page with form data and return the contents of the fields...

Karl