text to speech

aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Mon Jul 24 00:32:34 UTC 2000

Check out the class-side methods of Speaker.  For example:
Speaker child say: 'Hello, I am a child speaking.'

For some reason or another, it's *extremely* choppy and slow on my
Mac G4/400, with nothing CPU consuming in the background.  I've also
had good luck with the speach package Paul is hosting on his Squeak
page at: http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/squeak/
If I recall, it was pretty simple.  Just file'er in and it's pretty
simple from there.  Lower quality (it seems) than the one included
with Squeak, but interesting nonetheless.

regards,
Aaron
-----
"Steve Jobs said two years ago that X is brain-damaged and it will be
gone in two years.  He was half right." -- Dennis Ritchie