Ship it with Squeak

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sat Jul 1 17:40:21 UTC 2000

At 09:01 01.07.00 -0400, Bijan Parsia wrote:

>Well, for Squeak---and the typesetting world---they're different
>fonts.

Really?  Then I'm sorry and I have so say that I wanted to talk about font
*families*.  Everything else seems very strange for me.  I would never
expect that a larger font has completely different glyphs.

I'm glad you posted a gif to prove that you're right.  I'm also very glad
that you take it personal to defend Squeak (even it I didn't attack it or
challenge you) ;-)

Your argument, however, isn't fair.  As Squeak is turning-complete, it can
do everything (perhaps with the exception of washing cars), if programmed
correctly.  The system that comes right of the box however can't show
multiple forms if you don't reprogram (which includes manipulating
textstyle objects) it.

So let's settle that argumentation by agreeing that we're both correct.

>P.P.P.P.S. But since we feature-whining...what I'm *dying* for is a Squeak
>port of Lucene (a java VTwin full text search
>clone): http://lucene.sourceforge.net/ Any java literate folks up to
>P.P.P.P.P.S. (Different "blink" tag...don't be fooled.)

Well, then go forward with a good example and port it... :-)

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf