4th Estate server (roarr.com) - gone

Paul McDonough wnchips at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 30 17:28:21 UTC 2000

Fellow Squeakers:

As a few of you have noted offline, the 4th Estate ftp
server where we stored our Squeak contributions for
download is no longer there.  That is because, quite
literally, it is no longer there, and we don't
expect it to come back.

The projects will be reappearing shortly, although
exactly when/where is still unclear.  Please feel free
to contact me offline and I will be happy to discuss
the status of each.  All of them require some clean-up
before any but the most cussed and determined
Squeakers will want to try to install them (see
previous discussions on this list).  That clean-up is
in progress.

The projects are:

- port of T-Gen to Squeak
- a project related to platform events (as yet
nameless)
- a versioning doo-dah, which you may have heard
referred to as
"Roarr"
- a platform level messaging channel (nameless? - I
forget)

I will post updates as these projects become available
for download.  Please note that while the code is open
source under the Squeak license, the name "Roarr" is a
trademark of 4th Estate, and that project when it
reappears will be known as "Tefkar".  Well, why not
"Tefkar"?

On behalf of the ex-4th Estate Squeakers,
Paul

wnchips at home.com