Celeste problem during import

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Mon Jul 10 13:44:24 UTC 2000

On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Ned Konz wrote:

> Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> >
> > If you're working in unix, you should probably be using CrLfFileStream.
> > See FileStream concreteStream. Higher level code (like that utility)
> > should stay blissfully ignorant... ;-)
>
> I'd agree, but for a couple of things:
>
> * it's not my code; it's part of Celeste, and
>
> * Unix mailbox format (with just a LF at the ends of lines) is used
> on platforms whose native line termination is not merely LF. Thus,
> Eudora on Windows (where CR/LF typically terminate text lines) uses LF
> at the ends of lines in its mailboxes (as I recall).

Very true. I also don't use CrLfFileStream by default on my Unix box. The
fix is to use CrLfStream explicitely: In MailInboxFile>>mailMessagesDo:, I
replaced the first line
	fileStream _ FileStream fileNamed: filename.
with
	fileStream _ CrLfFileStream readOnlyFileNamed: filename.

Maybe you could include this in your next Celeste enhancement, Daniel.
Along with the still outstanding final-attachment-delimiter fix ;-)

-- Bert