[VM][2.8][2.9alpha] thisSession in interpreter? (was: Re: [ENH][GOODIE] OSProcess V1.2)

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Sun Jul 16 16:09:29 UTC 2000

"David T. Lewis" wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 01:18:58AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 07:26:18PM -0700, Ned Konz wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm getting an undefined external "thisSession" when running with the
> > > current VM off Sourceforge. It's even in the plugin sources that were
> > > generated.
> >
> > "thisSession" is a global declared in sqFilePrims.c. I suspect that the
> > recent plugin-ization of the VM has bitten me here. I'll check it out on
> > the latest from SourceForge. Thanks.
> >
> > Dave
>
> Yep, that's it.
>
> A simple fix is to move the declaration of thisSession from sqFilePrims.c
> to sqXWindow.c.

IMO thisSession shouldn't be declared in sqFilePrims.c, because
obviously it isn't file specific.
I don't like the idea to move it to sqXWindow.c though, because this is
Unix specific.

I'd rather vote for moving it into a platform independent file.

 The question for me is, if to move it to
- sqVirtualMachine.c, or
- back into the interpreter, where it was before.

The advantages of the latter are, that we could make it accessible by ST
as standard and ensure that we always generate a new one (at least in
2.9alpha).

Comments?

Stephan

--