SourceForge downloads question

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Mon Jul 24 13:31:01 UTC 2000

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Roel Wuyts wrote:
[snip]
> 2. is there any way of getting the sources when not using cvs from a unix
> machine ? I was wondering since such 'download functionality' would allow me
> to get the sources using my MacOS, and then get them to my linuxPPC.
[snip]

MacCVS pro is free and does the job.

Typically, with sites that use CVSWeb such as SourceForge, you can also
download individual files from your web browser. Just follow the "browse
CVS on web" links and drill down to the desired file/version.

Obivously, this sucks for regular use, but for occasional use on systems
with no CVS client set up, it's very handy.

Finally, SqCVS (or some such name) seems to be coming, although I haven't
personally tested it yet.

(Ah! A Squeak interface to CVS. The same interface on all platforms! I'll
be happy :))

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.