Morphic question

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Jul 13 17:41:34 UTC 2000

Michael Bauers wrote:

> I understand how to do it if I am instantiating my own Morphs, that is
> straightforward.  But it seems as if it is not so easy if I build up Morphs
> using the Morphic project.
>
> Wow, I thought it would be easier than all that.

It can be, depending on how you're working. I assumed that you were just
doing the "classic Morphic" programming (where you write Smalltalk
code).

If you're using the Scripting support (the viewers, phrase tiles, etc.),
you can get a reference to any morph by opening the halo and clicking on
the
orange halo button (near the lower left hand corner). This can then be
plugged
in anywhere you need an object reference in the Scripts.

Such object references exist where you see "dot" in the script
prototypes.
So you can drop a tile representing a Morph onto a tile that says "dot"
and get a reference to that object.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA