[ENH] Re: A new default look for Squeak, revisited

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Sun Jul 2 08:11:37 UTC 2000

Here is a first attempt at releasing the 'blue look' for Morphic.

Besides the core change set, there are 4 other change sets of which 2 are
optional. Note however (and this goes to sma in particular) that each of
these 4 are really general enhancements that might be included in the
general image on their own merits. They concern smarter window labeling,
reduced unnecessary use of the 'unsaved edits' red line, refactore beveled
edge drawing methods for BorderedMorph (+ improvements that allow you to use
bevels for eg. black and white objects), and fixes for various color mixing
methods to handle translucency. The first 2 are optional wrt the bluelook
cs.

There are also two desktop patterns that I cooked up today for the more
daring souls, if you see what I mean.

I've added permanent shadows to SystemWindows, let me know if you like them,
they're brand spanking new so I don't know what I think myself yet. But you
almost expect the small windows to budge when you click on them :-)

Unfortunately, the font is quite a big part of the impression, I'll see if I
can find something that's free and suitable. Oh, by the way, where can I get
the X11 fonts without dl'ing a 10M archive (or five) over my modem?

Henrik