CLOS, MOP, AOP, SOP

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Tue Jul 11 14:10:11 UTC 2000

> From: Mats Nygren <nygren at sics.se>

> I'm considering implementing a simple CLOS-like language.
Primarily to get
> some experience in this, following "The art of the MOP".

Great!

> And then try it out with some metaobjects for objects with
history. Objects
> with history can be used as a basis for editors with indefinite
history and
> also for backtracking search, together with unification that will
provide a
> Prolog-system within the MOP. I dont know in advance how feasible
this is
> it seems within reach.

Interesting, an 'object-space' approach to backtracking / Prolog.
All the approaches I've are 'code-space', and that has probably
restricted my thinking in that regard, so I'd be glad to find out
more.  Anyway, are you aware of the bactracking-extension to
Smalltalk (without kernel support)?  It was an OOPSLA paper a while
back, and I put the code in Squeak last summer.

Marcel