CLOS, MOP, AOP, SOP

Mats Nygren nygren at sics.se
Tue Jul 11 11:44:31 UTC 2000

Henrik Gedenryd <Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se> wrote:
> ..
> If your MOP interest would mean rewriting the Squeak MOP to something more
> friendly, that would be more than welcome :)
> ..

I'm considering implementing a simple CLOS-like language. Primarily to get
some experience in this, following "The art of the MOP".

And then try it out with some metaobjects for objects with history. Objects
with history can be used as a basis for editors with indefinite history and
also for backtracking search, together with unification that will provide a
Prolog-system within the MOP. I dont know in advance how feasible this is
it seems within reach. With further (extensive) work this can be connected
to the Smalltalk change-set-machinery and also CVS-like things.

Production quality efficiency will not be a goal at first.

This could lead to some ideas about how to put Squeak into this kind of organization,
but only later. At the present I don't even have detailed insights into the current
Behavior-related machinery.

/Mats