SyntaxMorph (was Re: About the new syntax)

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Sat Jun 10 04:06:46 UTC 2000

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Bijan Parsia wrote:

> If I can wingit, I'm going to try to get a single shot of a single,
> reasonably complex method appearing as:
>
> 	1) normal smalltalk, pretty printed or not
> 	2) alt syntaxed
> 	3) syntaxmorphed
> 	4) tiles
> 	5) bytecodes
> 	6) filed in from linefed sources :)
>
> hmm. I can't think of any others?

Sounds groovy.  You could also add Golgi, the syntax outliner, although
I'm not sure if it's been kept up to date with recent Squeak
releases.  See the All Projects page on the Swiki.

> This is one crowded screenshot ;)
>
> If I can't wing it, then perhaps a separate page with shots of some of
> these so people can see the "looks" without having to filein the
> "feels" is in order?

Yeah, it might be easier just to put separate shots on one page.  Although
if it's on the Swiki, we should keep the picture sizes reasonably small
(or use thumbnails), so the Swiki doesn't get hammered...

> Or is there already a syntax/code representiaon shot
> page?

Nope.  (Unless there's one that I missed.)  There are very few Squeak
screenshot pages out there, so this one would be handy.

- Doug Way
  dway at mat.net