[Q] Using FFI to call standard Windows dialogs

Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com
Fri Jun 30 09:25:05 UTC 2000

>It's easier because someone implemented WINAPI and PRINTDLG classes
>before. You can do the same in Squeak. If you have too much time, that is.

Yes - I would like to see a WINAPI keyword (and a MACAPI, UNIXAPI, ...)
in Squeak.
It is true that the PRINTDLG Structure is predefined. But MT has a structure
generator for easy defining an appropriate structure class. The only thing
you have to do is to copy and paste the C structure from the MSDN
documentation
and run the generator.

Another thing I like is that the MT image wont crash if an API is called
with a wrong parameter. (you get an Unhandled Exception then)

And it is easier because MT knows imported lib's so you dont have to
write down the lib if you call an API. (But it's posssible to specify one
if there are naming conflicts)

The only thing I disklike on MT is that I can rotate Win32 windows ;)

bye
Torsten