Another possible use for drag-and-drop...

Mark Mayfield mmayfield at ev1.net
Tue Jun 27 11:06:17 UTC 2000

Greetings...

Each and every day I'm finding new ways to bring my work into the
Squeak environment. I like nothing more than starting Squeak, then
setting its appearance to "full screen on" and saying good-bye to my
computer's windowing system. However, when I need to move files
around I then have to turn off the full screen and go use the Finder
(the Mac's file manager).

Since I've started using the drag-and-drop capabilities of the new
Browser I thought that I would ask if anyone is thinking about adding
the drag-and-drop capabilities to the File List?

I know the File List does not have all the behavior to be a file
manager (it's lacking the ability to copy and move files), but it
does have quite a bit file manager behavior (adding/deleting
directories and files, plus the ability to rename files).

Now I realize that I should *not* be thinking about how to make
Squeak work better with "today's" operating system concepts such as a
file residing within a directory somewhere (hey...that's why I use
Squeak so that I can get away from those out-dated OS concepts and
invent for myself better ways of doing things), but it's just a
thought.

Mark