[Updates] and new Mac VM

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Jun 10 21:36:20 UTC 2000

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000 16:02:22 -0500 Mark Mayfield <mmayfield at ev1.net> wrote:
>I recorded some of the results below. They all look normal. Like I
>said I started with the clean image from the FTP site as well as the
>new MacVM from the FTP site. I figure another Mac person should be
>able to duplicate this.

Mark,

I updated this morning and had no problems. A few more little tests:

Item 4 in the inspector is the raw source returned. What is the size of that item (I see  51220). Look at item 4 with:

	StringHolder new contents: (self at: 4); openLabel: 'raw text'

evaluated in the inspector. Scroll to the bottom of the workspace. Mine ends with:

[snip]
2297CustomFilterMove-dvf.cs
2298HandMorph-jwh.cs
2299bookMenuMerge-sw.cs
2300AsyncFile-failComment.st
2301TurtleTrailMods-di.cs
2302BigTextFixes-di.cs
2303resetExtent-raa.cs
2304FXColorFixes.cs
2305sketchThumbnail-sw.cs
2306HQTextures.cs
2307JMM-SemaTableAndLessInt.cs
2308JMM-Socket-Changes.cs
2309JMM-PLG-New-Mac-Socket.cs
2310JMM-MacCcodeChangesForOT.cs

If you are not seeing the new change sets here, I wonder if something between you and the server may be caching an old version of the page.

What happens if you point a browser at

	www.webpage.com/~kaehler2/Squeak2.0/updates/

Do you see the 23xx updates there? (It's probably listed in alphabetical rather than numerical order).

Cheers,
Bob