[VM] SourceForge status

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Jun 29 17:54:36 UTC 2000

In message <395B821C.96C9E6BF at evolgo.de>
          Stephan Rudlof <sr at evolgo.de> wrote:

> VM-Hackers,
>
> what is the status of your SourceForge efforts? I have looked into
> 	http://sourceforge.net/projects/squeak/
> and it seems to be *empty*.
Me too. I haven't been able to spend enough time to make snse of how to
use itt yet, but then I'm still having trouble making CVS work for me at
all. Just doesn't seem to work any way I can realy feel comfortable
with.

> When do you think there is a first source tree?
> Who is/feels responsible to start with it?
>
> Possibly Tim's port would be a good start...
Well, it's Ian's really and he has my latest variant of it as of last
week. Andreas needs to put the w32 code there, I need to find out how to
do anything with it, and the mac code really ought to go there as well.
Not to mention the other folks doing the Be, OS/2, dos, amiga, nintendo,
palm, EPOC (who, me? And Ed), VMS, MVS, SVM, SMV and Multics ports.

I also have a vague memory of some thread discussing an improved source
tree arrangement that would make it easier to keep everything together,
but  can't find any mail with a definitive statement of the conclusion.

tim

Useful Latin Phrases:- Die dulci fruere =Have a nice day