New mac vm memory leak ?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 13 04:32:02 UTC 2000

In message <B56AFCC3.9248%johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> you wrote:

> Oh just one thing, if you force terminate (cmd-opt-esc) Squeak the network
> stuff does not get unload and you WILL leak memory. There is a fix for that,
> but it is a somewhat extraordinary hammer to hit a poor image with, so
> don't.
This is bad behaviour - is the module shutdown stuff not in the atexit()
function list? Andreas & I carefully made it easy to call all the
modules' shutdown behaviours; if the code isn't being run it could cause
all sorts of resource leaks.

tim
Managing programmers is like herding cats. With bad attitudes.