MVC & Morphic - here to stay

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Tue Jun 20 18:37:34 UTC 2000

> --- In squeak at egroups.com, "G?  öran" Hultgren <gohu at r...> wrote:
> --- Michael Rueger <m.rueger at a...> wrote:
> > That's what I'm working on currently. Expect to see a pre-alpha ;-)
> > version of a gui construction kit based on existing morphs and specs
> > sometime next week.

> Just out of curiousity - are the specs XML based as I believe Glade
> has or are they more like VW
> specs? Or perhaps they can be specified in XML end then "compiled" to
> a more direct format like
> the literal arrays that VW uses?

No, no XML.
Plain, dumb literal arrays ;-)

I thought about using XML, but in order to get a working version as
fast as possible I didn't.
The code to generate and parse the specs is factored out into a
CodeGenerator and WidgetSpec class, so it "should" be easy to put a
more solid spec framework underneath.

Michael