On Removing Methods

Karl Goiser squeak at wattle.net
Mon Jun 19 23:21:19 UTC 2000

Hello,

I've had a brief look at BobsUI v2.  It works under 2.8, but not the
2.9 changes, so I had a look and found the following in MenuMorph:

popUpAt: aPoint event: evt
    "Present this menu at the given point in response to the given event."

    self halt.		"there are currently no senders in image"

    "self popUpAt: aPoint forHand: evt hand"

I'm not criticising the person who did this - there are no senders in
the image unless you have BobsUIv2 installed.

Is this area problematic or what?

Perhaps people could 'register' their use of classes and methods in
what is basically the Squeak API and receive notification should
there be any changes?  Perhaps it could be done in the local image -
a project registers with a particular 'version' of a method?

Trouble happens when changes break third-party code you are using.
You then have to wait for that code to be updated...

This is just too difficult for my small mind at the moment.

Karl