Wanna do somethin

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Tue Jun 20 20:46:17 UTC 2000

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Jesse Welton wrote:
[snip]
> If I understand you correctly, Squeak seems to behave exactly the
> *opposite* of what you would want.

For mouse clicks, you are correct about my preferences and Squeak's
behavior.

>  For that, you would want
> shift-click to move whichever end of the current selection is closer
> to your new endpoint.

Yes. I also want shift right and left arrow key to preserver their current
behavior of extending the right and left end (respectively) of the
selection.

>  This is definitely what I would prefer.
[wise words snipped]

Hail my selection extention preference extension sibling!

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.