New Smalltalk Book

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Mon Jun 5 18:31:55 UTC 2000

Amazon just alerted me to this new book. I don't know the author but she seems to have written part of another book:

Object-Oriented Programming
by Peter Coad, Jill Nicola (Contributor)

Here is the Amazon description of the new book. (I hope the title is an Amazon typo!) Anyone know about this book or the author>

SmallTalk  by Jill Nicola

List Price: $39.00, Our Price: $31.20

Paperback 1 edition (June 1, 2000), Prentice Hall; ISBN: 0132061457
This item will be published on June 1, 2000. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

>From the Back Cover
Although Smalltalk ranks as one of the oldest object-oriented programming languages, its recent use in many commercial programming departments gives many the impression that it is a relatively new language. This book is based on the premise that the basic cognitive skills underlying Smalltalk programming can be taught along with the syntax and classes of the language. Discusses principles of good Smalltalk design, tips on using the Smalltalk environment, and guidelines for building Smalltalk applications. For programmers seeking to become effective Smalltalk programmers, or those who want a better understanding of object-oriented programming.

Dave
David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center
Hawthorne, NY