Squeak, NT, CGI and Microsofts web server?

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sat Jun 17 10:03:53 UTC 2000

At 17:49 15.06.00 -0700, Peter William Lount wrote:
>Stefan Matthias Aust <sma at 3plus4.de> wrote:
> >you probably don't want to run a 20+ MB program every time
> > the user requests a CGI program.
>
>I was planning to 'pare' down the squeak image to it's tinyest possible
>size for running as a cgi program. I'm guessing that it can be reduced to a
>meg or two. What do you think?

I did exactly this yesterday and reached about 1.6 MB image file size.  I
removed everything but MVC and Sockets.  The image still contains projects,
development tools and even the file contents browser and textdiff
code.  Without these components, you may even reach 1 MB.

Unfortunately, I see no easy way to get rid of browsers but keep workspaces
and inspectors and a working error handling.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf