LargeIntegers plugin affects benchmark

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Jun 18 19:29:32 UTC 2000

> I don't understand why we don't create a benchmark which not just believes
> that it is counting bytecodes but actually counting them - it shouldn't be
> too difficult to really calculate them.  Perhaps even the VM can count it -
> I recently saw some profiling primitives in SystemDictionary.
Simply counting bytecodes is so meaningless it makes MIPS seem sensible.

Use a decent benchmark. Failing that, try the squeakified GreenBook
benchmark suite on http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/deltas
- at least it test more than a trivial loop.

tim

Strange OpCodes: HSJ: Hop, Skip and Jump