win32: SetDIBitsToDevice

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Wed Jun 28 01:55:23 UTC 2000

	Thanks for the references... I haven't figured this one out yet,
though.

> What does GetLastError(VOID) report as extended error information?

	It answers ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER (87). This is in
sqWin32Window.c:ioShowDisplay(), by the way:

***

	SetDIBitsToDevice(
		dc,
		0,			/* dst_x */
		0,			/* dst_y */
		width,			/* dst_w */
		height,			/* dst_h */
		0,			/* src_x */
		0,			/* src_y */
		0,			/* start scan line in DIB */
		height,			/* num scan lines in DIB */
		(void*) dispBitsIndex,  /* bits */
		bmi,
		DIB_RGB_COLORS);

***

	I'm not sure how to go about verifying the validity of the parameters,
in particular "dc", "dispBitsInfo", and "bmi". Width and height seem to
be okay (my monitor dimensions). Does anyone know what to look for and
how to look for it?

	I usually get about ten minutes of Squeak use before it goes belly-up.
I don't seem to be low on any system resource, at least according to
win32's "resource meter" and "system monitor". No other application is
having trouble.

	thanks,

-C

--