Correction 3 (Re: Syntax & Sematics [was: Re: [Enough already] Re: Proposal3:)

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Wed Jun 7 15:24:56 UTC 2000

All--

A couple of weeks ago, in a fit of angst and boredom, I added the [Enough
already] to the subject line of this thread. It is still there. Nonetheless,
the dialog (or should I call it war) is still going on.

All new submissions for Squeak get some (more or less) thorough airing. If
someone has a proposal that is accompanied by a ChangeSet, I don't think it
is going to be ignored. It may not get incorporated into the distribution
image, but a lot of things don't (and a lot of things that I would have liked
to see incorporated have not). One has to 'Get over it!' and get on with the
effort with whatever else you have that _does_ work its way in.

As I said previously, right now the syntax of Squeak is not being changed.
IMHO, those who have the power to do so are being quite tolerant of this out
of control thread of argument. It's time to 'put up or shut up' and
distribute functioning demonstators of the various ideas.

I think that otherwise, the 'shut up' portion of the alternative is
applicative -- with all due respect.

Cheers,
Jerry.

Jerry L. Archibald