[ENH] local vs. UTC time

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jun 30 00:34:32 UTC 2000

Oh yeah, we may as well go with ANSI.  The plugin is extremely easy to
use--it returns a 10-element array, with 5 elements each for UTC and
local date/time.  Should one of us merge this stuff with your ANSI code?
 I'm not sure I have the right tools to mess with these changesets you
have, but I'll update them if you point me in the right direction.

Note that we really do need a new time primitive; currently you can only
get local time or UTC, and not both.  Everybody's trick is to just stick
the UTC offset in a global variable, but this approach doesn't work when
either:

	1. daylight savings kicks in.
	2. an image gets shipped to somewhere in a different time zone.

-Lex