"Hello World" in Squeak -> Burn the Disk Packs!

Tim Olson tim at jumpnet.com
Wed Jun 21 14:22:37 UTC 2000

>For the helloWorld above I came up with 2426 bytes, total, from the
>following compiledMethods:

I forgot to mention -- the trace came up with a total of 30
directly-required classes, which, if trimmed of all compiled methods, add
an additional 1320 bytes (not including headers).  If all of the
superclasses of these classes are required in the image, as well, the
class count grows to 54 and the storage overhead to 2376 bytes.

So it looks like it would be fairly easy to create a "hello world" image
in about 5KB.

     -- tim